Monday, January 26, 2009

Back by Popular Demand

I haven't written in a while, and didn't really think anyone noticed until two people actually told me they have been checking my blog and I haven't written.... So I'm back!

I know it's a little past the season, but I gave my Grandma a homemade gift as part of her Christmas present this year, and I think it's something that people could give for any number of occasions (it's both thoughtful and useful). So, rather than wait for next Christmas... It's called a Memory Journal.

Basically, it asks the recipient to answer questions ranging from where were your born and who did you go to prom with, to what was your greatest life lesson, who do you consider your best friend, and what do you remember most about your parents. This is a great way not only to get to know parents, grandparents, and other family members better but to have these memories (in their own written hand) to pass on for years to come.


You can write each of the questions into a store-bought journal, or do what I did and type them out, print them, punch holes in them and string a ribbon through to make your own journal. This way, when the recipient has finished answering the questions, you can untie it and make photocopies for any family members who would like to keep these memories as well.

My grandma started writing her answers, and I know when she is done it will be a gift for our whole family.

No comments: